What does Learning Domain Do?
Learning Domain was set up to:
- provide effective online learning to businesses, schools, colleges, and universities,
- support the development of online learning and pedagogy,
- advise on how a company can enhance its staff training through online learning,
- provide a bespoke framework through which companies can deliver effective staff, student, or client training.
What Educational Services can you provide?
- Short learning courses on specific IT and Computer Science related topics, online, classroom based, or a blended learning experience utilising the best practice of both,
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi and how to use this within the curriculum. We can provide this either as staff training or as part of a package working with students from Y5 (we think this is a good place to start with the Pi. Any earlier and the students tend to want to eat them )
- Courses on our Moodle site are available to educators. Some are free, some need you to simply ask for access, and some are chargable.
NB – ALL Learning Domain staff are DBS checked and are therefore cleared for working in schools, colleges, etc with children and vulnerable adults. However we do not expect to be “teaching” a class and the presence of a classroom teacher is required.
What is Moodle?
Moodle is an open source virtual learning environment designed and developed by Martin Dougiamas. It is used in a very large number of educational and business companies for delivering online learning.
Here at Learning Domain we’ve been using Moodle for over 10 years and have a deep understanding of how it works both technically and pedagogically.